Emily Moore, author of the exqusitley-titled blog A Cup of English Tea (which I am drinking at this very moment) (actual tea, not her blog) (maybe I should have used that for the fact list?) nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is more of a social thing, so I suppose I should stop checking my mail for a trophy.
Ahem, anyway, thank you, Emily. I am really glad you enjoy the blog. I feel I should say one of my best friends’ name is Ryan Moore, and his wife is Emily, but not this Emily, which made me very confused for a moment (maybe I should have saved that for the fact list too).
In any case, the deal is that I am supposed to share 11 facts about myself, answer Emily’s 11 questions and nominate some other people to do the same. So, here goes:
11 Facts About Me:
- I love the rain, cold and snow and hate the heat (heat= anything above 70f)
- I share a birthday with Alexandre Dumas
- I am terrified of open water.
- But I love to kayak.
- I love to cook.
- I love to drink- not just alcohol (although I do love gin). I always have a cup of water, tea or coffee close by.
- I am obsessed with airplanes and aviation history.
- I own the entire run of M*A*S*H on DVD, and only watch it if I am drinking a martini.
- I don’t dance, but Safety Dance is a total guilty pleasure song, and that always makes me feel like a tool.
- If I met a genie, one of my wishes would be to make Dan Brown and Nicholas Sparks fight to the death.
- I love jackets and coats, and can never have enough.
11 Questions from Emily:
1. What started you blogging?
I am honestly not sure what my first blog was, but it was probably one of the several sport blogs I started. I love sports and geek out over them a lot, so I love writing about them.
2. Favorite season and why?
I covered this in facts. Always read all the instructions and questions first, kids. Winter. Snow, snow, snow and snow. I don’t want to see grass between October and May
3. Give a book vs. movie description of your choice. What did you like or dislike?
See this post.
4. Coffee or tea? Or neither?
Both? I actually stopped drinking coffee for a couple years, but I enjoy it. I love tea, though. I have a pretty massive tea collection.
5. You can have dinner with any literary character of your choosing. Who do you choose and why? (If you’re not a reader for some reason choose a movie character).
Holmes, and not the current bastardized versions of him that are floating around. Holmes has always been my hero, although our interests and applications are very different, the thought process is one I identify with, I just apply mine to engines and spacecraft more than solving murders.
6. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
This is a tough one, I have a lot of really good memories. When I was 12, we went to visit all our family, in Ohio, DC and Florida. It was an amazing trip, I got to go to Space Camp, the Smithsonian and all kinds of awesome places, plus seeing all the family.
7. What is the issue you are the most passionate about?
Crappy, too sweet martinis are ruining everything. That, and people reading junk like 50 Shades and Twilight.
8. You are stranded on a deserted island and can only bring three things, what do you bring?
A knife, matches and rope.
9. Rain or sunshine?
Dang it, I cover this in facts, too. I’ll pretend you asked my jacket size. 42R
10. What is one thing that you are the absolute worst at? (We brag too often on our blogs, so what’s something you can brag about doing poorly)
ABSOLUTE is a tough call. I can’t draw to save my life, though. You literally cannot tell the difference between something I draw now and when I was three. Also considered: Singing, dancing, putting up with other human beings.
11. What is your greatest goal for your blog? What would make you most excited to see happen with it?
I want it to be a resource for writers, old and new.
Apparently I’m supposed to nominate some other peoples. Here ya go:
- SC Harrison, cuz she did something like this to me a while ago.
- Geek My Life, by Bree Brouwer
- The Geek Forge
Answer These Questions, You Must:
- You can have dinner with any three historical figures- which three?
- Same deal, but with three twitter followers who you haven’t met in real life.
- Favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
- The greatest album of all time is:
- You win a two weeks, all expenses paid trip to the city of your choice. Where do you go?
- The fictional character I identify with is: (and why)
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What is you guilty pleasure song/movie/food?
- In the film adaption of your life, you will be played by:
- My favorite quote of all time is:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 (I do not read that many blogs) other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you.
- You must post the blog symbol in your post/on your blog